Steel Sports/NYBC Payment & Refund Policy
- A 15% processing fee of the full entry/registration fee is non-refundable once a full registration or deposit has been accepted and processed (If a $300 deposit is paid on a $1,795 entry fee, $269.25 is the processing fee).
- No Refund within 60 Days of the event start date.
- A full refund of the entry/registration fee (minus the 15% processing fee) may be issued if the age division has not sold out and written notice is given more than 60 days before the event start date.
- All deposits and partial payments are NON-REFUNDABLE within 60 days of the event start date.
- A refund of a deposit or partial payment (minus 15% of the full entry/registration fee) may be issued if the age division has not sold out and written notice is given more than 60 days before the event start date.
- Be advised that Steel Sports reserves the right to proceed with the event with a minimum requirement of 3 teams in an age division.
- If the event does not attract the minimum team requirement or if Steel Sports chooses to cancel the event due to the number of teams, Full Refund of the entry/registration fee will be issued (the non-refundable 15% processing fee is waived)
- Be advised that Steel Sports reserves the right to proceed with the event in inclement weather and will make all efforts to play while keeping the safety of the participants as the priority. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Steel Sports may choose to make modifications to the format of the event including but not limited to schedule changes, number of games, time limit, game time/innings and ranking/seeding metrics.
- There are times when weather becomes a factor during a tournament. Steel Sports/NYBC will try to adhere to the original schedule to the fullest extent possible. If the schedule needs to be adjusted or changed, Steel Sports/NYBC will attempt to maintain the original tournament format. However, there may be times when game times may be shortened or not played due to inclement weather. By signing up for the NYBC, you understand and agree to the factors weather may play into scheduling.
- If no games are played, due to circumstances out of Steel Sports control (weather, pandemic, etc), a full refund minus a 25% Administrative Fee will be issued. The Administrative Fee will be 25% of the full entry fee, regardless of discounts that a team may have received.
- If a team plays a minimum of 3 Games, due to circumstances out of Steel Sports control (weather, pandemic, etc), no refund will be issued.
- If a team plays a minimum of 2 games, due to circumstances out of Steel Sports control (weather, pandemic, etc), a 50% refund of the entry/registration fee will be issued.
- If a team plays a minimum of 1 game, due to circumstances out of Steel Sports control (weather, pandemic, etc), a 75% refund of the entry/registration fee will be issued.
- Steel Sports will make all efforts to issue refunds within 30 days of the end of an event. However, there are rare circumstances that may delay the refund process up to 90 days.
- In place of a full refund (minus the 15% processing fee or 25% Admin Fee), teams may choose to accept a full 100% credit of the entry/registration fee.
- The 15% processing fee or 25% Admin Fee may be waived when credits are issued.
- Credits are good for 12 months from the date of issue.
- Credits are non-transferable. Credits issued may only be used by the individual team or club that the credit is issued to.
- Applied credits may never be converted into a refund. However, applied credits may be reissued as credits using the refund guidelines.
- Credits may be used for most Steel Sports events. In rare circumstances, some Steel Sports events may not accept credits.
- If the NYBC is canceled due to COVID-19 or a pandemic, teams will receive a 100% refund without being charged a processing or admin fee.
Please Note: In case of any scheduling changes, it is the team’s responsibility, not Steel Sports or the tournament committee, to make sure the team is aware of the new schedule or any schedule changes. All information will be posted online at www.nybcbaseball.com. All weather-related cancelations, delays or updates can also be found online at www.nybcbaseball.com or by calling our office at 310-421-8093.